Tuesday, September 15, 2009

UPDATE

WOW it feels like years since I have posted anything. We had a great summer complete with the trip to Utah for a month to bask in the love of cousins, grandparents, and friends. After getting home, Javin started school at the beginning of August and then two weeks later we moved. School here didn't start until after Labor day so he got an extra couple of weeks of summer. WE love Virginia but miss our friends in Augusta. Our ward here is going to be a good one but probably not the home that the Augusta ward was. Javin loves everything about being here and is making friends in school. One of the things that we like about moving, besides just a little more space to live, is that we are now close to grandma and grandpa Thompson who will be coming to visit on weekends. YEAH! Also, we took the kids to DC one day and rode the metro in. They were super excited and can't wait to go back. I still haven't found my camera yet. It is in a box somewhere but once I get it out I'll get pictures up here. I'm super excited about Javin's school he gets recess everyday and has Spanish twice a week. Schools here are excellent. We really like the area we're living in and can't wait to make more friends and memories in a new state.

2 comments:

BWei said...

Hey! I've been thinking about you guys. I love the new blog look (maybe it's been that way for a while!) and the comments from Javin on the side are hilarious. I'm glad you guys are settling in, but we MISS you!!

Pedersen Posse said...

Hooray for blog posts! Glad to see you are still alive. :) Congrats on surviving the move. Good luck making new friends. For me, it's the hardest part about starting over in a new place. After a little over a year, we're finally starting to feel comfortable here.

So, Keith took the job back East? I talked to Chris at the end of July and she mentioned that he had an offer out there, but she wasn't sure they would accept it. It'll be weird going home and not running into them at church or when I walk around the neighborhood. You'll have to say "Hi" and "Congrats" to them for me.