Tuesday, May 5, 2009

So, we started out to go get pictures for mothers day and this is what we ended up with instead!!  (The actual image of the finger is way to graphic to be displayed and it's a good thing Javin never saw what it really looked like)
He has to keep this soft cast on for a week and then he goes to see the hand surgeon again.
The other band aid is from where they put the iv for all of the drugs they were pumping him full of.  They gave him morphine to start and then some sedatives for when they actually reattached the finger.  And all of this started over that stupid dollar that the tooth fairy brought.

Here is a picture of Javin missing both top teeth.  He had just eaten spaghettio's and that's what's all over his mouth, gross.  Anyway, We went and talked to his teacher today and she says not to worry about homework because she knows Javin can do it and to take our time coming back to school.  We also went to the school that he was supposed to test at today to see if he gets into the gifted program and they are going to come to his school and let him make it up in a couple of weeks. So, Javin is doing better, his finger should heal completely and I am finally over the initial shock of it all.  It's really amazing that a door can cut off a finger but now I've actually seen it done.  Everyone watch your fingers!!  I'm so glad that Ryan and I were right there when it happened so that it didn't end up being any worse.  And saying prayers was about all that could calm Javin down initially.  I'm glad that we knew where to go and had good Dr's attending him and that all seems to be well now.  

5 comments:

Winn Family said...

I AM SOOOOO SORRY! That sucks! You'll have to tell me all about it!

Pedersen Posse said...

Oh my goodness! OUCH! What happened??? What's the prognosis like?

Chris said...

I'm so glad that everything is looking good now. I can't imagine how hard that must have been on all of you. Give the boys a hug for me. We love you guys!

The Gardners said...

What??? We need the whole story!! That is insane, but I'm glad it will all be okay in the end. Seriously though, more details!!

ginamariejp said...

omg!
poor kid!
I didn't know the finger like tore off!
Cael's a strong little bugger huh?