Friday, January 31, 2014

Book Character

The school is doing an Olympic reading challenge for the kids.  Today as part of that they were supposed to dress as their favorite book character.  Since I didn't realize until last night at about 8 we really were pressed for time and had to find things around the house.  All things considered I think they turned out looking great.

 Caellum of course if Harry Potter.  I told him to grab a church shirt and his gray sweater and then I went to Javin's room and found his webelo neckerchief and tied it like a tie.  His cape is from an old vampire costume and then we printed off the Hogwarts logo.  The glasses were from a project Javin did last year on Benjamin Franklin.
Javin is Rand from the Wheel of Time series.  This is a favorite of Ryan's and so he has passed that onto Javin.   Rand is a farm boy who had a cloak that he wears on his adventures.  Glad we had a Jedi cloak to use as a travel cape.


The boys had tons of fun dressing up and I guess it's fun to have a day where you can without it being Halloween.  I was glad that I didn't have to purchase anything and we were able to throw these together.  

No comments: