Monday, December 21, 2009

SNOW SNOW SNOW and MORE SNOW

We had a huge winter storm this weekend. I think they officially called it a blizzard warning and our state was in a state of emergency. I believe we got around 21 inches of snow in a 24 hr time frame. The plows couldn't keep up and yesterday we got to dig ourselves out. Church was cancelled. Ry's work got cancelled today and they cancelled school for the rest of the week. We thought it was tons of fun and nothing compared to Utah but here it's a big deal. Here are some of our pictures from all of this snow.

These first ones are form Saturday during the day so before the snow had finished.
Ryan thought it was super fun to throw the kids in the snow. Javin did a snow angel. I think Ryan did a face plant but sadly I didn't get that picture I was up getting Cael nice and warm everyone ask papa if you can see it!!
By this point Javin was in tears because he was so cold. We don't have winter clothes.
Just one on the deck to see how much there is
Both boys were so cold after this. A Little bit later Ryan threw both the dog and the cat out there just to get a reaction. Needless to say they hated it.
Papa's car was totally buried.
The digging out of our car on Saturday. We had to run a few errands At this point it had only been snowing for a little while so it wasn't such hard digging.
Sunday the sun was shining and the day was beautiful. My camera died so I didn't get very many pictures to show just how much snow was on the cars. The entire neighborhood was out digging themselves out and enjoying the beautiful snowy weather.




3 comments:

Kris and Teresa said...

I can't believe how much snow you got, that's so much fun. I love the snow as long as I can play in it and I don't have to drive anywhere.

The Gardners said...

I love huge storms when I can stay inside, watch out my window, and be toasty warm. I love all your pictures. I sure miss you guys and can't wait until you're here.

Chris said...

That's a ton of snow. Does this tip the scales for you guys coming back to Utah? Wasn't snow one of the cons?